Everybody hears the term Search Engine Optimization thrown around these days, but the only people who actually know what that term means are SEO firms and computer nerds working in their mom’s basement (maybe).
In the meantime, business owners are jumping over each other and their budgets for a term they don’t even know the true meaning of. And the reality is, SEO is really just a small part of what your overall marketing budget should be.
Think of SEO This Way
Our Las Vegas SEO company wants to help you better understand search engine optimization. SEO is equivalent to the windshield wiper fluid in your car. Yes, you read that correctly. SEO is no more important than the ability to see and be seen. But when you are driving the car that is your marketing department, you need a heck of a lot more than windshield wiper fluid to move forward. Things like the engine, gas tank, fuel, tires, windshield—basically the whole car.
Let’s take it a step further. Check out the figure below.
“Web Presence Marketing” is the car you drive, including the engine, gas, tires, windshield and even windshield wiper fluid. That’s right; SEO is one component of web presence marketing (we know, we are totally blowing your minds right now). Ever hear the saying, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink?” SEO is simply the ability to drive traffic to your website, (allowing the world to see you and you to see the world), but it won’t turn that traffic into customers.
That’s where all that other good stuff comes in. And that’s all the stuff included in web presence marketing. Where traditional SEO firms stop is where Post Launch really takes off. Don’t believe us? Stop reading now. Wait, keep reading… Check out our web presence marketing page to learn more. Now you can stop reading.
But back to SEO.
Search engine optimization and search engine marketing have a lot of different moving parts, meaning that it is simply not a one-and-done tactic. Yes, it’s a complicated form of windshield wiper fluid.
SEO refers to the process of ranking your website in organic search engines results. SEO services focus on improving the ranking of unpaid search engine results. Unpaid search results are often referred to as organic results, natural results, or earned results. Engaging in good SEO strategies will help your website to rank higher in the search results (hence that seeing stuff we keep talking about).
But SEO, like everything else done in web presence marketing, is time-consuming. Who has the time to do a bunch of crap on the backend of a website that no one will actually see? Not too many business owners. How do you create the time needed to get your business website’s SEO up-to-par? Easy, you delegate that work to someone else so you can get back to running your business (or sitting on the beach if that’s your preference). Who can you delegate this work, too? Hmmmm…..Oh, we know!
Post Launch is your technical SEO consultant. What is technical SEO, you ask? Get your nerd hats on—you know, the ones with the little propellers that spin around—cause this stuff’s about to get geeky.
There are several tactics you can do from a technical perspective to make sure your web pages are all juiced up and delicious to Google and other search engines. With SEO, search engines are more likely to see you as the awesome business you are (It’s that windshield wiper fluid we were talking about).
There are more than several things you can do make your website delicious, (technically speaking). Things like making sure your URL structure is correct, making sure your images and videos are web-optimized, making sure your site is fast and mobile responsive.
And you may have heard this thing called metadata. Yeah, it is still relevant. So put some effing keywords on your website in the right places and half of your technical SEO is done. Boom!
Want to know if your website is technically search engine optimized? Use this checklist of technical SEO website necessities and check off the SEO strategies you already have in place:
- Do a quick Google search of your site (Type “Site: www.website.com”). Does your homepage pop up first? If not, there could be issues, like a penalty or poor site structure.
- Do a quick search for duplicate content (take a snippet and place it in quotes, then search for it in Google). Do you have NO duplicate content on the same or another domain?
- Is there an Analytics tracking code on every page?
- Is there one URL for each piece of original content on your website?
- Is your website’s URL structure descriptive, friendly, and keyword optimized?
- Is your homepage optimized with at least 250 SEO optimized words?
- Is your primary keyword(s) phrase contained in an H1 tag?
- Search Google for your business brand and branded terms. Is your website on the first page of Google or the first result?
- Perform a quick mobile search for your website. Is it mobile optimized? Does it have a “mobile-friendly” label? If not, you are likely being penalized by Google.
Keyword Search Optimization
Wondering how to get your website search engine optimized? Technical SEO is just one avenue to juicing up your website for Google. Just like juicing up in real life, there are many methods to accomplish this. Steroids and green fruit smoothies are all we can think of right now…Oh yeah. And keywords. Those are good for juicy websites.
How keyword optimization works
It doesn’t take a genius technical SEO consultant to know what keywords should be sprinkled throughout a specific business website to get the right kind of visitors. Just take your industry (i.e. furniture) and attach it to your location (i.e. Las Vegas), and you have your first authority keyword (furniture in Las Vegas). That was easy!
Things get a little more complicated once you dive into keyword optimizing your website. Included in keyword optimization is research, analyzing your competition and audience, and ultimately choosing the most appropriate keywords for your business online—which may not be the keywords you initially think of.
Where should you place the top keywords on your website?
We’re glad you asked. The days of keyword stuffing are over, so if you’re thinking of just building backlinks with “my industry, Las Vegas” listed over and over, think again. Google is too smart these days to accept these trickery black-hat ways of the past, and no one likes a keyword stuffer.
Using keywords naturally throughout your content is the best way to give your site some authority. Add keywords to the following areas for the most optimal placing:
- Meta descriptions
- Headings and content
- Image titles and alt text
Keyword optimization is an ongoing Internet marketing strategy. Each new page you add to your website should include a target keyword for a particular product or service you offer. No longer is the content you write just for your users. Now, the Google Bots are reading too, and they can either hurt or help your site, depending on what they see. And to be honest, we’d all bow down to the godlike bots of Google if we thought it would help our website rankings.
Keyword optimization cannot happen with content. That’s right. We mean actually writing content—consistently. We’re talking weekly blog posts and everything. At least that’s what it takes to keep your website search engine optimized with keywords and such.
Not a good writer? Don’t like to write content? Don’t know what to say? Don’t have the time to write? We get it. That’s what Post Launch is here for. Pumping out keyword rich content is what we’re great at over here in our Las Vegas Internet marketing firm. Being humble?…Not so much.
Local Citation Building
As Las Vegas SEO experts, we know the importance of utilizing a citation building service. Business directories are an important piece of local search engine optimization because they provide syndication channels through which you can share your new content.
But business directories offer the world so much more than just syndication. They provide a place for people to see you that’s not your website or social channels. It’s easy to get business directories: just sign up for a bunch of website directories that you never use yourself, and then enter in your business information including the website URL.
Of course, this easy task is no easy task. Getting your website listed on a few free business directories, like Yelp or Yellow Pages, is one thing. Performing legit DIY local search engine optimization is another story entirely. Of course, both are important to help your web presence, but some directories are better than others. It all comes down to finding the right directories for your industry and business.
How to find the right business directories for your company
There are hundreds of free business directories you can list your business website on. Maybe even thousands (who’s counting?). From local business directories to national directories, you want to list your company on as many as possible.
Which directories you join largely depends on your industry. But there are a few directories you should be on, regardless of if you own a mobile wedding chapel or a one-stop beer, bait, and bullets shop. We are not here to judge. We’re just here to help.
Here are some business directories every business should be on:
- Yahoo Business
- Bing Business
- Hot Frog
- City Search
- Local Pages
At the end of the day, getting your business is listed on as many business directories as possible will make it easier for potential customers to find you and potentially drive traffic to your website. When people don’t know you exist, they gotta find you some way. Spending time signing up for free online business listings and practicing local SEO will get you those people.
After all, everyone cannot know everyone in their local town—unless you live in Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls. Everyone seems to know each other there.
But local SEO with business directories should never be the only path you take to reach SEO success. As Google points out in an open letter to Local Directories, slapping your website on a generic directory with millions of random business records is sooo 2003, and we’re like over 10 years past that. (Seriously—content marketing is where it’s at). Stay with times by adding other SEO strategies to your website, but don’t forget the basics. Which leaves us with the question, are you on Yelp?
Why You Need Las Vegas SEO Services
Post Launch is the premier Las Vegas SEO company because we employ those nerds mentioned earlier who know how to do this stuff— and do it well.
Here’s how your business can benefit from our SEO services:
- SEO makes you more visible online.
- It helps gain authority in Google search results.
- You can reach more potential customers and convert them.
- And, you don’t have to do it yourself!
SEO in Las Vegas and Beyond
Today, your online presence can make or break your business (scary thoughts, we know). While traditional marketing can be an effective tool, the heavy hitters are the SEO professionals who propel your online marketing to reach a greater audience. Through our SEO services, we develop your Internet marketing to have a strong presence on major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Not only does this Las Vegas SEO company customize our SEO and Internet marketing campaigns, but we also work hard to keep up with the times. Because Internet algorithms, social media, and engagements are constantly evolving, we adapt new SEO strategies to better our optimization services.
The best part about our SEO services is… (dun dun dun!) you can utilize them before you even drop a dime (oh snap!).
Post Launch can act as your personal SEO consultant, in which our SEO experts analyze your website and help determine the areas that can be improved to boost your online reputation. Why? Because we are an SEO company in Las Vegas that loves that luxurious giving and helping and seeing our clients succeed online and expanding their reach and audience well beyond expectations.
For many, terms such as analytics, data, marketing strategies, and search engine marketing are just that, terms. But to us at Post Launch, they are the language to your online success.
The Answer to Your SEO Quandary? Post Launch.
Unlike your average marketing company and other SEO agencies, Post Launch works seamlessly to build, manage, and expand your online web presence. Our team of SEO specialists has the experience and knowledge to develop a top notch marketing strategy that is unique to your brand or industry.
But we are so much more than just an SEO firm, and we can do so much more than fill your windshield wiper fluid! As you have learned by now, our services include SEO, social media, email marketing, content marketing, and so much more.
Note: Although SEO is only the windshield wiper fluid on your web presence marketing car,
it is still one of the most important Internet marketing strategies to apply to your business. Why? Because people need to see you and you need to see them, duh!
The fact is, if your website is not SEO friendly, all the other web presence marketing strategies we apply will be less effective because fewer people will see them.
- The Top WordPress Plugins You Need to Search Engine Optimize Your Site
- Digital Marketing New Year’s Resolutions [Infographic]
- DIY SEO Is Like a DIY Holiday Gift: Not the Best Idea
- Your Guide to Navigating Google SERPs
- Why You Need Backlinks and How to Acquire Them Successfully
- SEO Terms for Noobs
- Organic Traffic Isn’t Just for the Hipsters or Healthy Conscious Moms
- How to Optimize Your Content for a Google Featured Snippet
- Trick or Treat: Spooky Black Hat SEO Tactics You Should Avoid
- The Scariest Scenarios for an SEO Company
- Digital Marketing 101: Helping the Google Bots Crawl
- We’re in Your Neighborhood: How to Write Content for Local SEO
- How to Make Customer Reviews Work for You
- 10 Reasons WordPress Is the Best CMS for SEO
- Facebook SEO: Yes, It’s Technically a Search Engine
- Digital Marketing 101: WordPress SEO for Beginners
- Who the Heck Is My Target Audience? Creating Buyer Personas
- The Ultimate Guide to HTTP Status Codes and SEO
- I’ve Been a Bad Marketer: Why Google Penalized Your Website
- Mobile before Beauty: Optimus Prime Your Website
- 5 SEO Scams and Promises that Gag Us with a Spoon
- Understanding the Importance of User Experience
- Fuel Your SEO Keyword Research Strategy for 2017 and Beyond
- Keyword Strategy for the Layman
- What’s Your Damage? How to Evaluate Your SEO
- Voice Search Trends and Stats: Why You Should Care
- The Center of Your Universe: Business or Customer
- The Emoji Impact in Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization
- 13 Tells of a Lousy SEO Company
- Bringing Back the SEO Basics, Back to School Style
- Stay Connected to These Blogs While on Vacay
- Remember Your Underwear and Your Marketing Before Going on Vacation
- WTF is a Backlink and Why is This Las Vegas SEO Nerd Talking About it?
- Quick and Delicious SEO Tips for the Busy Business Owner
- ECC Brings You VPX Vape Expo – Marketing Opportunities
- Checking Your Google Map Listings All Day Will Make You #GoogleMapsCrazy
- Holiday Web Presence Marketing Fails
- Is Google Goliath and Your Business David When it Comes to Web Marketing?
- Why Keywords Matter to Your Web Marketing
- Summer School SEO
- Best Practices in Web Presence Marketing 2015
- More Than Just SEO