Email marketing has come a long since way since its AOL days. Although email is still alive and kicking, with over four billion active email accounts in existence, it’s changed some when it comes to its marketing purposes. Although your grandma may be familiar with the term “You’ve got mail,” we doubt she’s familiar with “email marketing automation.” Don’t fret—it sounds much scarier than it actually is.
What Is Email Marketing Automation?
Email marketing automation refers to an online software that exists with the primary purpose of automating emails. The best marketing automation example out there is Amazon. When it comes to selling you stuff you don’t need but still want through email, Amazon is godlike. In reality, we can’t all be Amazon.
But why should that stop us from trying? If you bring in just half the amount Amazon brings in, wouldn’t you be happy? Should the Amazon gods stop you from bringing in your own success through email marketing? We didn’t think so.
Email marketing automation services can bring in a huge ROI if done right. But if you don’t set up your platform correctly the first time, your investment in the software could fail. Let’s face it; nobody likes spammy emails about stuff they don’t care about.
But when marketing automation is set up right, the sky’s the limit. That’s why we’re here: to launch you to the skies of success with email marketing, to provide you with the software and set it up for you, so you won’t have to worry about it. No need for you to bother with sending sales and follow-up emails.
Why should YOU use email marketing automation?
- Email marketing automation generates less repetitive emails and more creative ones.
- It improves your marketing accountability. Let no leads slip through the cracks!
- You’ll create customers for life, instead of one-time sales.
- Email marketing automation takes targeted emails to the next level.
- You create everything ahead of time, so you can sit back while the emails go out.
- You’ll reduce time spent sending emails.
- Automated data tells you which emails are working for which people.
- You can see which leads are hot by following their actions on your website after opening your email—creepy, right?
- You can kiss cold calls goodbye! (And let’s face it, you weren’t really doing that anyway.)
- You’ll generate leads and drive sales, all while sitting back and relaxing.
That last one is our favorite. Just think about it: going on vacation while still making money, sitting on the couch while still working for your business, watching Game of Thrones on repeat till the new season comes…
Anywho, learn more about each of the email marketing services we offer:
If you’re interested in creating monthly, bi-monthly, weekly, or daily newsletters for your business, then you’re in the right place. Although we wouldn’t recommend daily newsletters; people don’t like daily spam, even if it’s from their brother.
Why do YOU need an email newsletter service for your business?
- Email can bring in a massive ROI. Don’t believe us? Check out this blog on why email marketing is far from dead.
- An email newsletter service allows you to connect with your most interested customers. Trust us, people who take the steps to sign up for your newsletter care more about your business than the Twitter user from Guatemala who just started following you. Which is why…
- Email marketing newsletters bring in more sales than social media. For some strange reason, business owners are beginning to think they don’t have to do anything else to market their business online once they have a good following on social media. While they continue to be confused as to why their 2,000 Facebook followers don’t turn into dollar signs, you can be making money from sending a monthly email to people who genuinely like and care about your brand.
- Email newsletters can boost your social media. If you’re the type of person who wants those 2,000 followers on Facebook, you can utilize a routine email newsletter, complete with links to your social media, to help boost those numbers.
- Email newsletters also boost website traffic. That’s right. People who read and like your newsletters will continue to hit your website. But, like that saying “out of sight, outta mind,” if they don’t remember you, they won’t continue to visit your site. Email newsletters are a perfect way to remind people you exist, and that you have something exciting to say. Announce this month’s specials or share a link to your latest blog post! Email newsletters are the best format to tell the world something new about your business.
Add email newsletters to your marketing strategies
If you’re doing things right, your business should always have something new to say. The newest blog post, upcoming events, latest deals, industry news, newest specials, how your mom is doing— these are all things you should share with your customers regularly (except how your mom is doing… although Post Launch cares! You can tell us how mom is anytime).
The key to email newsletters is to provide your customers and clients with something that’s valuable. Although we care about mom, your clients probably don’t need to hear about the latest updates on her irritable bowel syndrome. On that note, if every “newsletter” you send out is asking for money, please stop that now. Do you want every email you get from someone to be begging for money? We didn’t think so.
Remember email newsletter best practices. Creating the perfect email newsletter is a delicate balance between providing value and promoting company goods. It’s taking your latest company happenings and putting it in a well-designed email newsletter template that people will want to read.
It’s like balancing an umbrella on a unicycle on a high wire. Not impossible. But pretty scary if you don’t have the talent. We have that talent, so you won’t have to balance shit— or learn how to make an email newsletter.
Email Drip Campaigns
What is drip email marketing? Contrary to popular belief, drip campaigns do not refer to your sink faucet dripping all night long, simultaneously singing you the song of its people and driving you crazy.
Email drip: NOT a leaky faucet
Drip marketing campaigns actually refer to an effective communication strategy that automatically sends out pre-written emails to nurture and guide your customers to the products and services you offer that they’re most interested in. In other words, drip campaigns automatically send the right email to the right customer, at the right time.
Once the emails have been written and are organized into the system, all you have to do is type a potential customer’s email address in and sit back while the emails are sent over a set period of time.
Companies that use drip marketing campaigns correctly can generate up to 80% more sales and 33% lower costs. That’s because, once the drip campaign is set up and running, very little direct human involvement is needed until your prospect has been nurtured into a hot lead.
From drip to dollars
How will you know a person is a hot lead? The system will inform you that they landed on your services page and spent 10 minutes looking it over. After getting over the creepiness of being able to track anyone who hits your website, take solace in the fact that YOU can be like Google. You have the power to track your users’ actions on your website, send them automated emails based on this activity, and call them when they are ready to buy. Take that Google!
Why should YOU use email drip campaigns for sales and marketing?
- Nurture potential leads without wasting time on them until they are hot. Now you can stop emailing people who really don’t want to buy your stuff.
- Welcome new subscribers and learn their behavior, so you know which of your products they like best. This drip marketing example is similar to how Amazon does email. And the last time we checked, Amazon was doing pretty well at selling people crap they don’t need, but they do like.
- Re-engage customers who abandoned their shopping cart on your website. But why would people leave your product in their shopping cart and just leave your website? Simply put: because shit happens. With drip campaigning, you can connect with these people after their stuff is over, and they are ready to buy your stuff again.
- Make customized recommendations based on people’s previous actions on your site instead of just assuming everyone will want to buy your new logo shirt.
If you have a long sales cycle (because let’s face it, it takes people a lot longer to decide on the right marketing company for their business than to pick which ice cream flavor they want to eat today), drip campaigns will be your saving grace. No more following up with the same people for six months.
No more wasting time emailing people who never email you back. Now you just stick them in your drip campaign and let the software become your marketing salesforce.
Welcome to the time of targeted and personalized messaging sent to the right people at the right time—better known as smart emailing. Let’s face it; there’s no such thing as privacy on the Internet anymore.
Between celebrity nude photo leaks and uncomfortably common reports of major organizations being hacked for our personal information, we must come to accept the fact that, if it can be found online, it can be taken without our permission.
Instead of crying about it, now is the time to jump on the train and take advantage of this ability to completely invade people’s privacy—because it’s good for business. Don’t worry, we don’t suggest you read people’s online diaries (but that was certainly a silly idea). We aren’t all about completely invading someone’s life online.
All smart emailing does is track the people who hit your website and send them the information they would be most interested in at the best time for them. This is all without you lifting a finger because it’s automated.
Smart emailing is targeted emailing. Sending mass cookie-cutter messages won’t pique your customers’ interest. They’ll be hitting that delete button before they even get to the point of your message.
Email marketing requires you to send targeted emails, complete with the person’s name and a touch of humanity that everyone wants to see. It’s simply the better way to go. More people will open an email addressed to them than one that was obviously mass sent. Test this theory out yourself and see how your email click-through numbers start improving.
Smart emailing knows to get in front of your potential customers when the timing is right, like right after they visited your website. Of course, there are certain times of day that are better than others to send an email. Sending an email at three in the morning might not be as effective as sending it just after 8 am.
With smart emailing, you can set up the optimal time to send out emails to potential customers. So if you think three in the morning is best, who are we to stop you? Of course, if we are your online marketing company, we might suggest otherwise.
Emails based on triggers
Smart email marketing works based on setting triggers. We don’t mean PTSD triggers (no one wants to trigger grandma into thinking about the war again). Smart email triggers send out emails when potential customers are most interested, instead of simply once a week.
So when a user does something like sign up for the newsletter, purchase a certain product, or look at your services page for at least five minutes, you can send them an email immediately, instead of six days from now when they’ve moved on with their life.
Smart emailing tracks every client and every email sent out. Once your clients hit your site, you can track them (you know, like a stalker, but not). For example, if a user visits a certain product page, the smart emailing system tracks that user and emails them about news related to that product.
Now, you can stalk your users throughout your website without having to revert back to old stalker techniques. That’s right: no more binoculars or creepy anonymous notes to reach the people we want.
Technically automated emailing
Smart emailing is more than a system that tracks users and sends emails based on triggers. It’s the automated artificial intelligence of emailing, leaving you to relax while the system automatically sends the most relevant emails to the right people—that is, once the system is setup.
For the inexperienced, setting up email marketing automation tools can be kind of a pain in the ass. All that time you save on the back end letting the system do its thing was probably spent setting the whole thing up in the first place. However, smart emailing is legit. It’s the better, smarter way to email (hence the name).
Email Marketing Automation Services from Post Launch
Lucky for you, here at Post Launch, we have both the system and the time to make smart emailing, email newsletters, drip campaigns, and more happen for your business. All you have to do is approve the email messages we create, and we will get it all up and running for you. We know, it’s pretty impressive.
If you want to do it right, contact Post Launch for a free consultation.