Marketing is an umbrella term used to describe the means of communication between a company and a consumer audience. Taken a step further, marketing is the activity of communicating with customers, clients, partners, community and society at large.
Traditional marketing is old news. More and more companies are switching their efforts to digital marketing tactics, and for good reason. Everyone is online these days. If your business isn’t, well, your bottom line will let you know there’s something wrong with that.
What Is Web Presence Marketing and What Does It Do?
Web presence marketing is all about improving your business’s visibility online. It combines many aspects of digital marketing to grow your chances of being seen by your target audience. And, of course, a good web strategy comes with a ton of benefits.
It can increase your brand awareness
No one is going to shop your products and services if they don’t know you exist. Without marketing, you’ll miss out on the chance to meet your best customers and biggest allies. Aspects of web presence marketing like social media and search engine optimization can increase the chances your brand has to be introduced to your potential customers.
Raising awareness through marketing lands your business or brand into the mind of your audience. Simple advertising will not bring in the same results as a full digital marketing strategy. Why? It’s just one component of marketing, and it’s not the component that will likely make a lasting impression. You want a fully-fledged strategy that hits them everywhere they are online (and most of the time, it’s spent avoiding those spammy ads.)
It helps you get to know your market
If you don’t know how your market works, you likely won’t succeed in your web presence marketing endeavors. Only when you start to understand your audience and what they’re looking for can you plan your marketing strategies accordingly.
Take a look at your social media insights for who’s already interacting. Check out your Google Analytics. Compare what your competition is ranking for and which of their content is successful. Take note and implement what you need to grow your strategy.
It forces you to get social
There are currently billions of active social media users out there. In those masses are your potential customers. One of the easiest ways to get started on your web presence marketing is to create social media profiles and get to posting.
Even if your business or idea is not ready to sell, it is worthwhile to start your marketing efforts now. Build awareness (listed above) now, and you’ll have an easier time selling tomorrow. After building your social profiles today, they could be your most powerful form of communication with your audience in a few years.
It builds trust with your audience
Today’s market—online and off—is based on trust. People tend to only give their business to companies and brands that they like; they look for brands with similar values. Online marketing allows you to put yourself and your brand’s story out there to build that trust.
You never know which connection you make will lead to a lifetime of trust in business and in life. You never know which person you develop a trusting relationship with will help you succeed.
It can bring in more sales, duh
Probably the number one goal of any marketing endeavor is to get more customers, and in turn, more sales. Mark Cuban states it perfectly, “No sales, no company.” When people know you and your business exist, they’ll be more likely to buy your products or share your ideas. If people don’t know you exist, how can you expect them to know to buy your stuff?
This is where marketing comes in. The more you market, the more people will know, trust and like you. And the more they know, trust, and like you, the more likely they are to buy.
You May Need Digital Marketing Help If…
Do I need web presence marketing? The short answer is yes, of course. If you don’t know how to grow your brand’s online presence, it’s time to get to learning. You’re missing out on a lot of business if you’re not prospering online. Here are some glaring signs that you may need a web presence marketing company to swoop in and do all the dirty work for you.
Your business isn’t in the Google search results for your business’s name
Google yourself. Just do it. Do you show up anywhere in the results? If not, you definitely need to contact a web presence marketing company for help. You may also need help if:
- You have no internal linking or backlinking strategy.
- You haven’t started tracking data on Google Analytics.
- You don’t know who your target audience is, so you market to everybody.
- You have no visible contact information on your website.
- You’re still buying ads in the newspaper.
- You haven’t updated (or fixed) your website since 2007.
- You don’t have a business website.
- You’re like Dwight Schrute when it comes to technological advancements.
You don’t have any reviews online
As stated above, consumers make a lot of decisions based on brands they know and trust. What better way to know you can trust a brand than to see a slew of other satisfied customers voicing their opinions? Here are some more ways to know you need help with reputation management:
- Your negative reviews don’t have any responses from you to resolve issues.
- You have a 2-star rating on Google because there’s only that one review from the person who came in on a busy day.
- You’ve never won any awards.
- You don’t have any business directories outside of your social media profiles.
Your site lacks quality content
Content is still king. We know it, and you should, too. You may need help with your online presence if you haven’t given the Google Bots anything substantial to “read.” You may also need help from a web presence marketing company if:
- Your “blogs” are only 100 words long and feature no target keywords.
- You have cat videos on your website instead of engaging videos about your product.
- No one can figure out what you sell when they look at your website.
- Your web pages are crawling with grammatical errors and typos.
- You have nightmares thinking about having to post a new blog every week.
The only followers you have on social are your employees and your mom
While we appreciate moms (sometimes, they’re our number one fans), you need more relevant followers on social media. Without them, your published content won’t reach anyone in your target audience. Here are some more signs you may need help with social media:
- You don’t engage with your followers when they like and comment on your stuff.
- Your business doesn’t have a Facebook page.
- You’re following your friends from high school on Twitter, instead of experts in your field.
- You own a restaurant but aren’t posting pictures of your dishes on Instagram.
- You haven’t optimized your Google My Business page.
- Your social profiles lack accurate contact info, like your website address.
- #You use #hashtags excessively in your #socialmedia posts. #Twitter #LikeMyStatus #Awesome #FollowFriday
Just Talk to Us—We Won’t Bite
The Post Launch team is passionate about web presence marketing. It makes a great deal of difference when it comes to finding new customers to buy your product or service. Contact us today to find out more about online presence management.