Let’s face it; making a video is the best way to get the most out of your online marketing. It’s been said time and time again that humans are visual creatures who can learn and fascinate themselves with visual stimulation, so always remember that when creating a marketing campaign. That’s why it’s important to learn how to create a good video blog if you plan on marketing your special brand. Here we have some video blogging tips for you to take into consideration.
Tips for Vlogging, the Post Launch Way
First and foremost, everyone loves a good video. They love watching and sharing videos with their friends, marking over 6 billion hours worth of videos viewed on YouTube every month. That’s a lot of vlogs and vids, so how do you make your video stand out to your audience?
Answer the questions
To achieve successful video blogging, your audience needs to get what they came for. Many times, people will want to know not just about the product you’re selling or what your business does, they want to know the inner workings and the assurance of a good mission.
Before being asked those questions, ask yourself the same questions. Take these questions right here and answer them yourself.
- What’s your vision?
- What’s most profitable?
- What are your challenges in this industry?
- What do you want your content to sound like? Hyper-technical or conversational?
- What services, products, and knowledge do you want to provide?
- How do you learn about trends in your market? Any magazines? Websites?
- What is your relationship with your customers?
- How does your product surpass expectations?
It’s important to thoroughly understand the market and the product or service you sell.
Triple check your equipment
It wouldn’t be video blogging tips without delving into the nightmarish scenarios of technical difficulties. Let’s put it this way; you write down everything you want to say and then you spend 20 minutes recording yourself with different takes until it’s finally perfect. But… at the very end, you find out your mic was off, or your head was cut off in the video. It. Happens.
Way too often, in fact.
You have to make sure that everything is in check before you start the video, even if that takes time. On top of that, make sure you have reliable equipment that won’t fail on you. Once everything is in check, you’re golden pony boy.
Some equipment you might want to check out for your video blogging needs:
- Lapel, or lavalier mic: These are wireless mics you attach to your blouse, so your voice is loud and clear.
- Tripod: It’s pretty tacky just resting your camera on a piece of furniture. Unless you’re using a webcam, a tripod is highly recommended.
- Editing software: You can get a membership for Adobe, which includes video and audio editing programs and a bunch of other fun stuff you’ll have a blast messing around with.
- Lighting: If it’s in your budget, it’s well worth purchasing a lighting setup. Just take our word for it, it’s necessary, and you won’t regret it.
- Extra batteries: Just trust us on this one…
Write a script
You don’t have to be a Charlie Kaufman-type to write a good script for your vlog. You don’t even need to make it look that great. The most important thing about what you’re doing is communicating to your audience once you’ve established who that audience is.
A script also doesn’t have to be a word for word transcription of what you’re going to say. You can just write an outline and follow step by step what you’re going to say. Make sure beforehand that you fully understand the content and you know it by heart. That way, your script or your outline can work as a simple guide for your ideas.
Good video blogging tips will tell you to cater to your audience, develop the right voice, etc. That is all absolutely true, but that doesn’t mean you can’t relax and have a little fun with it. Your comfort and confidence will translate more than you know through video, so the best advice is just to be yourself.
Post Launch Has the Tips for Vlogging
We’re the professionals with the video blogging tips, video marketing services, and the very same professionals that can bring your digital marketing campaign to new heights. Our goal here at Post Launch is to understand fully what your brand is and through the power of web presence marketing, bring your site to the top.